Explore these Cool, Open Jobs!
Looking for a new role for the new year? Meet the 33 employers that came to our October Career Fair looking to connect with diverse talent from the Alums network for AmeriCorps leadership roles and/or full-time employment. Check them out and be sure to tell them you’re an AmeriCorps Alum!
American Red Cross
“With more than 23,000 employees and 330,000 volunteers, the American Red Cross comprises a diverse network of men and women committed to changing the world, one community at a time.” Now Hiring All Positions – Nationwide
AmeriCorps NCCC & FEMA Corps In AmeriCorps NCCC, dedicated teams of young adults give back to communities across the country while developing their own skills as leaders. They travel the U.S. for 10 months, providing service and relief to communities in need. AmeriCorps NCCC is comprised of two distinct service tracks: traditional AmeriCorps NCCC and FEMA Corps.
- FEMA Corps Team Leader – Nationwide
- AmeriCorps NCCC Team Leader – Nationwide
- AmeriCorps NCCC Member – Nationwide
- FEMA Corps Member – Nationwide
Blueprint Schools Network (Blueprint) is a nonprofit organization that uses a research-based framework of comprehensive reform strategies to accelerate student achievement in schools across the country.
- Blueprint Fellowship (K-12 Education) – Oakland, CA, Boston, Salem and Holyoke, MA, East St Louis, IL
- Development Manager – Newton, MA or Bay Area, CA
- Elementary Teacher, Grade 4 – Boston, MA
- Elementary Teacher, Grade 4 – Boston, MA
CCS Fundraising At CCS, we empower some of the greatest organizations in the world to effect meaningful change—change that impacts lives and improves the condition of the world we live in. http://ccsfundraising.com/careers/
College Possible is making college admission and success possible for low-income students through an intensive curriculum of coaching and support.
- Enrollment Coach – Minnesota, Milwaukee, Omaha, Philadelphia & Chicago
- AmeriCorps High School Coach – Minnesota, Milwaukee, Omaha, Philadelphia, Portland & Chicago
- CollegePoint Coach – Minnesota & Portland
- College Coach – Minnesota, Milwaukee, Omaha, Philadelphia, Portland & Chicago
- Community Partnerships AmeriCorps Member – Minnesota, Milwaukee, Omaha, Philadelphia, Portland & Chicago
Coney Island Prep Everything that we do at Coney Island Prep, every decision that we make, is meant to move our scholars that much closer to succeeding in the college and career of their choice. https://coneyisland.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Democracy Prep Public Schools is a network of open-enrollment, high-performing, “no excuses” public charter schools operating in New York City, Camden, New Jersey, the District of Columbia, and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The mission of Democracy Prep is to educate responsible citizen-scholars for success in the college of their choice and a life of active citizenship. A simple philosophy guides Democracy Prep staff, scholars and alumni alike: Work Hard. Go to College. Change the World!
- Elementary School Teacher – New York, NY
- Middle School Teacher – New York, NY
- High School Teacher – New York, NY
- Associate Teacher – New York, NY
- Operations Associate – New York, NY
- Behavior Support Specialist – New York, NY
Denver Math and Literacy Fellows Our Mission: Close the opportunity gap by providing small group math and literacy instruction for our highest need students
ER Assist provides disaster grant software and services. Our clients are both governmental entities and contractors that serve governmental entities. We provide disaster planning software, time and equipment tracking software, and disaster recovery grant software. http://www.erassist.com/hiring/
Galileo Learning Innovation Camps for Kids. We’re on a mission to develop innovators who envision and create a better world. Join us!
- Site Director (Summer Camp Director) – SF Bay Area, LA, and Chicagoland
- Staff Selection Specialist (seasonal, starts in January) – SF Bay Area (Oakland)
- Customer Service Specialist (seasonal, starts in mid-December) – SF Bay Area (Oakland)
- Other full-time HQ roles (Visual Designer, Outreach Specialist and others) – SF Bay Area (Oakland)
Great Oaks Charter School What sets Great Oaks schools apart from other college preparatory charters is our high-dosage tutoring model; the Great Oaks Tutor Corps is a selective cadre of recent college graduates who deliver at least two hours of individualized instruction to every student every day
Hiawatha Academies Our mission: All Hiawatha Academies scholars will be empowered with the knowledge, character, and leadership skills to graduate from college and serve the common good. https://hiawathaacademies.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
IDEA Public Schools is a growing network of tuition-free Pre-K to 12th grade public schools serving 30,000 students in 51 schools in Austin, San Antonio, and the Rio Grande Valley.
- Founding Teacher Fellowship – Baton Rouge or El Paso
- Early Childhood and Elementary Teacher (Prek-5th grade) – Austin, San Antonio, Rio Grande Valley
- Middle School Teacher (6th-8th grade) – Austin, San Antonio, Rio Grande Valley
- High School/ AP Teacher (9th-12th grade) – Austin, San Antonio, Rio Grande Valley
- Co-Teacher (PreK-2nd grade) – Austin, San Antonio, Rio Grande Valley
- Special Education Teacher/Co-Teacher – Austin, San Antonio, Rio Grande Valley
- Campus Leadership: Academic/College Counselor, Assistant Principal of Instruction/Operations – Austin, San Antonio, Rio Grande Valley
KIPP Austin Public Schools believes that every child, regardless of economic background has the right to an exemplary education. At KIPP Austin, we believe that teachers play a critical role in student academic success. We are seeking passionate, mission-driven, and dedicated educators to join our team & family.
- Elementary School Teacher (2017-18) – Austin, Texas
- Bilingual Elementary School Teacher (2017-18) – Austin, Texas
- Bilingual Elementary School Partner Teacher (Both Immedate AND 2017-18 Opportunities) – Austin, Texas
- Middle School Teacher (2017-18) – Austin, Texas
- High School Teacher (2017-18) – Austin, Texas
- Student Information and Compliance Specialist (Immediately Available) – Austin, Texas
- Bilingual High School Registrar (Immediately Available) – Austin, Texas
KIPP Bay Area Schools KIPP is a national network of 200 college-preparatory public charter schools with a 20-year track record of preparing students in educationally underserved communities for success in college and in life. There are currently 11 schools in the Bay Area serving 4,700 students. These innovative, college-prep public schools are located in underserved neighborhoods of Oakland, San Francisco, San Lorenzo, San Jose, and Redwood City. Our newest elementary school will open in East Palo Alto, CA in the Fall of 2017.
Learn more and apply today: www.bit.ly/KBASTRabout
Libertas College Prep The mission of Libertas College Preparatory Charter School is to equip middle school students in grades 4-8 with the academic skills and the strength of character needed to thrive in and graduate from high-performing high schools and competitive colleges.
Libertas College Prep is designed to support middle school students through the transition from elementary school to a high-performing high school, allowing them to eventually enter the college of their choice. Hiring now for the following positions immediately for 2016-2017 team:
Positions available for 2017-2018 team:
- Founding 7th Grade Teacher
- RSP (Special Education Teacher)
- Upper Elementary (4th Grade – 6th Grade teachers)
- 5th Grade Teacher – South Los Angeles
- Founding 7th Grade Teacher – South Los Angeles
Mercy Home for Boys and Girls Mercy Home for Boys & Girls, a Catholic institution, transforms lives of suffering into lives of hope and promise by providing A Nurturing Home, Healing for Families, the Means for Growth and God’s Mercy in Action. Mercy Home offers youth who seek a new beginning hope and promise of a healthy and successful future, safety, respect and opportunities for growth.
- Youth Care Worker – 1140 W. Jackson BLVD, Chicago, IL 60607
- Youth Care Worker-Support Staff – 1140 W. Jackson BLVD, Chicago, IL 60607
- Overnight Shift Leader-Part Time – 11600 S. Longwood Dr, Chicago, IL 60643
- Overnight Youth Care Worker-Full Time – 1140 W. Jackson BLVD, Chicago, IL 60607
- Overnight Shift Leader-Full Time – 11600 S. Longwood Dr., Chicago, IL 60643
- Day Coordinator – 1140 W. Jackson BLVD, Chicago, IL 60607
The Literacy Lab’s mission is to provide low-income children with individualized reading instruction to improve their literacy skills, leading to greater success in school and increased opportunities in life. The Literacy Lab serves children from age 3 thru grade 3.
Pre-K and K-3 literacy tutor positions are available in the DC, Baltimore, MD, Richmond, VA and Kansas City, MO metro areas. Interested candidates should apply via our website. For additional questions, please contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Meridian Institute is a not-for-profit organization with offices in Colorado and Washington, DC. We also have staff that work in remote offices located throughout the United States and in British Columbia, Canada. At Meridian Institute, we help people solve complex and controversial problems, make informed decisions, and implement solutions that improve lives, the economy, and the environment.
- Generalist Fellow – Dillon, CO
- Generalist Fellow – Washington, DC
- Oceans Program Fellow – Washington, DC
Peace Corps Volunteers improve the lives of people in communities around the world, inform the global perspectives of Americans, and turn a life-defining experience into a lifetime of opportunity.
As a Peace Corps Volunteer, you work directly with communities on their most pressing issues while gaining a competitive advantage in today’s global economy with international experience, cross-cultural understanding, and fluency in a foreign language. Peace Corps experience can springboard careers in the government, nonprofit, academic, and private sectors. These are a few of the jobs available right now through the Peace Corps:
- Guinea: Secondary Education Science Teacher
- Colombia: Agricultural Economics Volunteer
- Cameroon: Health Extension Volunteer
- Lesotho: Secondary School Math Teacher
- Philippines: Coastal Resource Management Volunteer
- South Africa: Primary School English Teacher
- Panama: Agriculture Extension Volunteer
- Costa Rica: Youth Development Coordinator
- Botswana: Health & HIV/AIDS Capacity Building Specialist: Civil Society
- Colombia: Business Advising Volunteer
People’s Prep is dedicated to preparing all its students to get to and through the college of their choice. We understand that for this to happen, we need dedicated teachers and staff members who are committed to closing the achievement gap through hard work. We believe that teachers have one of the most challenging, but also most rewarding jobs ever. Here at People’s Prep, we strive to support our teachers and to help them to continually improve their teaching practice. Currently, People’s Prep has positions open for Teachers and Chief Talent Officer.
Playworks Every day, someone at Playworks makes a meaningful difference in the life of a child. From our hundreds of coaches on the playgrounds of low-income urban schools, to those who work in the office to ensure our coaches can continue to serve, Playworks is dedicated to ensuring that kids get the chance to play. There is no other organization in the world quite like Playworks.
Playworks is committed to building an amazing workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We honor all who serve with us, and offer a playful working environment based on respect, professionalism, service and fun.
- Playworks AmeriCorps Coach – Nation Wide (23 Cities)
- Associate Trainer – Chicago, Boston, New York and Southern California
- Program Manager – Arizona
At Reading Partners, we envision a future where all children in the US have the reading skills necessary to reach their full potential. Our mission is to help children become lifelong readers by empowering communities to provide individualized instruction with measurable results — and we can’t do this without our stellar AmeriCorps members!
Where we serve: Reading Partners AmeriCorps members serve in a variety of regions, including…
- California: San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, Sacramento, & Los Angeles
- Washington: Seattle
- Texas: Dallas/Fort Worth
- Minnesota: Twin Cities
- Oklahoma: Tulsa
- South Carolina: Charleston & Lake City
- North Carolina: Charlotte
- Maryland: Baltimore
- DC: Washington
- New York: New York
- CO: Denver
Reading Partners AmeriCorps – nation-wide – apply here!
ReMed Recovery Care Specialists Join the excitement of a dynamic company committed to providing exceptional neurological rehabilitation to adult brain injury survivors! ReMed is a growing organization dedicated to excellence, honesty and ethics in the treatment of our clients and each other. For more than 30 years, we’ve developed programs to meet the diverse needs of clients with moderate to severe traumatic and acquired brain injuries. We provide treatment for post-concussion syndrome, stroke, memory loss, neurobehavioral issues and accident or sports-related head injuries. Our CARF accredited, post acute residential, vocational and outpatient programs are offered in the Philadelphia and Pittsburgh regions of Pennsylvania, with current expansion into New Jersey and Maryland/DC/Northern Virginia areas. Visit us online at www.remed.com for more information.
- Brain Injury Specialist/Direct Support Staff/Behavioral Health Technician – Pittsburgh, PA
- Overnight Brain Injury Specialist/Direct Support Staff/Behavioral Health Technician – Gibsonia, PA
- Brain Injury Specialist/Direct Support Staff/Behavioral Health Technician – Fox Chapel, PA
- Overnight Brain Injury Specialist/Direct Support Staff/Behavioral Health Technician – Fox Chapel, PA
- Overnight Direct Support Staff/Certified Nursing Assistant – Gibsonia, PA
- Overnight Direct Support Staff/Rehab Aide – Pittsburgh, PA
Riverside Community Care Imagine working for an award-winning, non-profit organization offering mental healthcare, developmental and brain injury services, youth and early childhood programs, addiction treatment, trauma response, and more.
At Riverside you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families, and communities by delivering compassionate, locally-based, integrated care.
- Community Integration Specialist – Wakefield, Melose, Dedham, or Needham, MA
- Crisis Specialist – Milford, MA
- Case Manager – Wakefield, Woburn, Peabody, Newton, or Walpole, MA
- Residential Counselor – Newton, North Reading, Norwood, Peabody, Reading, Wakefield, Walpole, Waltham, or Woburn, MA
- Early Head Start Home Visitor – Somerville, MA
- Outreach/Therapeutic Mentor – Needham, MA
Rocky Mountain Prep, an innovative, public elementary charter school network in the Denver-metro area. Our mission is to educate students in pre-kindergarten through 5th grade with the rigorous academic preparation, character development, and individualized support necessary to succeed in a four-year college and life. Please feel free to take a look at our VISTA and Fellowship Opportunities! VISTA positions start immediately.
Fellowship opportunities are a July 2017 start!
- Rocky Mountain Prep VISTA – Operations – Denver, Co
- Rocky Mountain Prep VISTA – Fundraising – Denver, Colorado
- Rocky Mountain Prep VISTA – Family Liaison – Denver, Colorado
- Rocky Mountain Prep VISTA – Finance – Denver, Colorado
- Rocky Mountain Prep Teaching Fellowship – Denver, Colorado
Summit Preparatory Charter School Through rigorous academics and the development of active citizenship, Summit Preparatory Charter School educates fourth through eighth grade students for success in the most selective high schools and colleges. Our team is made up of a highly collaborative group of teachers and staff who share a passion for closing the achievement gap. We have high expectations for academics and discipline, and simultaneously value joy in the classroom, making learning fun for our students and teachers. We believe that teachers are leaders on campus, and play a significant role in decision making and professional development.
Ideal candidates are passionate, driven, and dissatisfied with the educational status quo – if you believe all children deserve access to an excellent education, we look forward to speaking with you.
- Classroom Teacher (4th-7th Grade) – 2017-18 school year
- Teaching Assistant – immediate, 2017-18 school year
- RSP (Special Education) Teacher – 2017-18 school year
Teach For America is the national corps of outstanding recent college graduates, graduate students, and professionals – of all academic majors and career backgrounds – who commit to teach for two years in low-income urban and rural public schools. Our corps members become lifelong leaders in the effort to make a great education and the opportunities that come with it a reality for all students. Teach For America’s network in the 2016-2017 school year includes 8,000 corps members teaching in 53 regions across the country and more than 46,000 alumni working in education and many other sectors to create the systemic changes that will help end educational inequity.
Apply Now To take the next step and view the application, register on our website: teachforamerica.org/apply
TNTP Teaching Fellows is a rigorous alternative certification program that recruits and trains talented career changers and recent college graduates to be outstanding teachers in high-need schools across the country. We have programs in Baltimore, Indiana, Nevada, and New Orleans.
- Indianapolis Teaching Fellows – Indianapolis
- teachNOLA – Greater New Orleans
- Nevada Teacher Corps – Las Vegas and surrounding communities
- Baltimore City Teaching Residency – Baltimore
UNITE HERE Local 25 is currently seeking applications for the position of Organizer-in-Training. We represent over 6,500 hotel workers in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. We are in the process of building a rank-and-file leadership structure. The purpose of this structure is to increase the participation of the membership in the union and to enhance the union’s ability to mobilize our members for large-scale action in order to organize non-union workers, fight for higher wages and better benefits, and increase the rights of hotel workers in D.C. http://www.dchotelworkers.org/
Applicants must include a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should be clear and concise and explain which position you are applying for, the specific reasons for your interest in the position, and specify with appropriate explanation which of each of the listed qualifications you possess, and which ones you do not possess. The cover letter, resume, references and additional materials should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of Urban Teachers is to prepare highly effective teachers who significantly accelerate student achievement in the nation’s highest-need schools. Urban Teachers accomplishes this by recruiting outstanding candidates, equipping them with state-of-the-art training, and linking their certification to their demonstration of effective teaching practices and skills. Founded in 2009, Urban Teachers is on the cutting edge of urban school reform by virtue of its link between teacher effectiveness and certification eligibility. Our residents and teachers will provide the necessary proof points to make a national case for educator effectiveness and accountability. Urban Teachers has offices in Baltimore, MD, Washington, DC and Dallas, TX. Additional regions will join Urban Teachers in the next few years. Learn more on our website: www.urbanteachers.org.
- Teacher Residency – Dallas/Fort Worth, Baltimore, and DC
- National Recruitment and Selection Coordinator – DC, Baltimore, or Dallas/Fort Worth
- Other open staff positions: http://www.urbanteachers.org/careers
WSU VISTA Fellows Project Open VISTA positions open across Kansas: http://www.communityengagementinstitute.org/center-and-initiatives/impact-center-americorps-vista. View available positions:
- VISTA Volunteer Coordinator with Douglas County Senior Services, Inc. – Lawrence, Kansas
- Fund Development VISTA with HappyBottoms – Kansas City, Kansas
- VISTA Program Development Coordinator with Penn House/ Ballard Community Services – Lawrence, Kansas
- Jewish Family Services Food Pantry and Nutrition VISTA – Greater Kansas City
- Curriculum Coordinator VISTA with Boys and Girls Club; programs K-8th grade – Manhattan, KS
- Fund Development VISTA with Episcopal Social Services and Breakthrough Club – Wichita, KS
- Ombudsman VISTA positions with Long-Term Care or KanCare offices – Topeka and Wichita, Kansas
Youth Villages is one of the leading private providers of help to children with serious emotional and behavioral problems and their families. We offer an array of evidence-based programs, designed to help children in the least restrictive setting, preferably their own homes. With over 60 locations across 11 states, Youth Villages will serve over 18,000 children and families this year with an 83% success rate. Our programs include, Home Based Counseling, Residential Treatment, Therapeutic Foster Care, Group Homes, Specialized Crisis Services, a Transitional Living Program, and Adoption Services which vary throughout our locations. Youth Villages also offers tuition and licensure reimbursement, full health benefits, wellness programs and many other benefits for our staff.
- Teaching Opportunities – Memphis, TN; Linden, TN
- Family Intervention Specialist – Tennessee, North Carolina, Oregon, Massachusetts, Indiana
- Behavioral Youth Counselor – Memphis, TN; Linden, TN; Nashville, TN; Arlington, MA; Douglasville, GA
- Bachelor Level Opportunities – Oregon, Oklahoma, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, New Hampshire
- Master’s Level Opportunities – OR, OK, IN, TN, Massachusetts, GA, Mississippi, NC, Washington D.C., NH
- Crisis Counselors (PRN and Full Time Opportunities) – Cookeville, Knoxville, Memphis, Chattanooga, Columbia, Nashville, TN
- Night Monitors – Linden, Memphis, New Hampshire, Massachusetts