The End of a Service Year is Really the Beginning of Everything
The smell of grilled burgers is in the air, pools are opening up, and there’s a new action movie opening every weekend. But, that’s not what we’re most excited about this June. While we won’t say no to a backyard barbecue, what makes June special is the thousands of AmeriCorps members across the country graduating from service and joining the 20th class of Alums. Happy graduation, AmeriCorps Class of 2015!
When we graduated, we were excited, anxious, and hopeful. That’s why we’re inviting you to help connect graduating Corps members to resources and our community this June.
Here are six ways to get involved today.
- Are you a Job Seeker or A Recruiter? Join our Virtual Career Fair! Join us for our June 30th Virtual Career fair! Register for the 2015 AmeriCorps Alums Career Fair on June 30 from 1-4pm EDT. We’ll bring together recruiters from public, private, and nonprofit employers who are actively seeking AmeriCorps alumni to fill open roles. Click here to sign up for the fair or share it with a graduating AmeriCorps member. If you think your company could benefit from having an alum on staff, click here to sign up for a booth
- Connect to Resources. Did you know AmeriCorps Alums offers free professional development resources and events for Corps members and alums? Browse our calendar and sign up for one of our next events or trainings today!
- Join the Alums’ Movement. Register with AmeriCorps Alums and help build the alumni network and movement of civic leaders! Click here to tweet to your fellow Corps members and alums that you’ve just joined AmeriCorps Alums and invite them too as well!
- Plan or Attend an Event. Click here for our event guide which includes event ideas, an event checklist, and more!
- Get Social! Send Pics! Join us in late June for a social media celebration (#YSAB) that will include the release of a Class of 2015 video slideshow! Stay tuned for more details later this month.
- Print a Graduation Certificate. Download and customize a certificate to celebrate your AmeriCorps graduation year and proudly hang it in your home or office!
Completing an AmeriCorps term is a big deal. Help us celebrate this achievement and make sure that members and alumni can access the resources and ideas they need for a lifetime of service!
Are you interested in sharing your story with AmeriCorps Alums about your life after AmeriCorps graduation? Email our Communications Coordinator Maria Caruso at email@example.com for more information or click here to submit your story for publication consideration on our blog.