Virtual Career Fair Proves Companies Eager to Hire Talented Alums
On July 8th, AmeriCorps Alums piloted a Virtual Career Fair with 15 employer partners led by title sponsors American Red Cross, Boys Town and Teach For America. This inaugural effort, which will become a seasonal event, successfully linked Alums to nonprofit, corporate, and government organizations eager to recruit from our talented Alums network. One recruiter values that Alums are “flexible, work effectively within diverse communities, and are mission driven.” Another recruiter appreciated that alums come in with a team orientation, a “client and community focus, strong communication skills, and experience building relationships.” We agree and are eager to expand the pathway from your service to your career with more partners. Currently, our partners have over 15 job opportunities you can apply to now!
Jobs from Our Lead Sponsors
- Boys Town has multiple positions in teaching and family consulting. Apply to Boys Town here!
- Teach For America is hiring teachers now for 2015! Teach For America teachers are full-time, fully salaried educators working in PreK-12 schools. Start your application HERE or connect with their AmeriCorps recruiter to discuss your unique pathway with Teach For America. Don’t miss the 1st application deadline on Friday, August 22nd!
- American Red Cross has Donor Recruitment openings in multiple regions to recruit new blood drive sponsors and manage drives with existing partners. Learn more at the ARC careers portal by searching Area of Interest “Donor Recruitment and Sales.”
Jobs from Our Partner Companies & Organizations
- 2U is recruiting Student Support Advisors to work in Metro DC for MBA@UNC and in Los Angeles with the USC School of Social Work.
- Quicken Loans is seeking Mortgage Bankers to work with individuals looking to purchase or refinance their homes (plus no cold calling). They are hiring now in Detroit (there’s also a Spanish speaking role in Detroit), Cleveland, and Scottsdale.
- Harry’s is a NYC based startup with a social mission of positively impacting customers and the community around them. They are seeking an seeking an Acquisition Marketing Associate to work with social media and data; and a Customer Experience Associate to continue to provide amazing experiences for customers.
- General Assembly is an education startup seeking talented candidates in outreach, sales and student support for Associate Admissions Producer roles in New York City, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington D.C., Berlin, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
- Urban Teach Center seeks applicants for their Teacher Residency Program which includes a dual Master’s on full scholarship as part of a four year commitment to teaching. Applications open in early August at urbanteachercenter.org and first deadline is Sept. 29, 2014.
- America’s Service Commission shares openings with Volunteer Tennessee and additional state commission openings. Volunteer Tennessee is hiring a Training & Support Manager (learn more!), and you can view additional state service commission openings here!
- Peace Corps provides opening for service that is a personal and professional experience like no other. Live and work abroad for two years sharing your skills and working to make a difference – apply today to openings in more than 60 countries.
- Denver Math Fellows places full-time leaders in tutoring roles supporting small groups of Denver public school students – apply here for the 2014-2015 school year.
- City Year has multiple openings in the Recruitment and Admissions departments based in New York, Boston, Washington DC, Tulsa and New Hampshire to support their work to close the achievement gap with talented and motivated Corps members.
- KIPP HOUSTON offers multiple openings for teachers and learning and grant specialists. Find openings with KIPP Houston!
- Citizen Schools is recruiting for teaching fellows and for entry-level fundraising and operations roles. Learn more about these opportunities!
- Corporation for National and Community Service is seeking an experienced HR professional for their Human Capital Specialist opening as well as a Staff Accountant, apply today!