The Next Step in Your Public Service Journey: The Evergreen State College
Today’s post is sponsored by The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington, a progressive, public liberal arts and sciences college. Evergreen waives application fees for all AmeriCorps Alums and offers Alums eligibility for scholarships that equal up to one quarter of resident tuition per year.
As an AmeriCorps member, you devoted yourself to serving others. You can take the next step in your public service journey at The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington, which offers AmeriCorps Alums a different path to a career in public service with three distinct degrees:
Evergreen’s culture, location, and collaborative approach offer a unique education experience. To help you decide if Evergreen should be the next step in your public service career, we’ve answered a few of AmeriCorps Alums’ most frequently asked questions.
What are the Benefits for AmeriCorps Alums?
- AmeriCorps Alums are eligible for scholarships that equal up to one quarter of resident tuition per year.
- The graduate application fee is waived for all AmeriCorps Alums.
What Makes Evergreen Different?
- Our graduate degrees are grounded in values of service, community, social justice, and stewardship.
- Courses are collaborative, interdisciplinary, and team-taught by faculty and professionals in the field, with evaluations instead of grades.
- Evergreen’s small classes and cohort model provide a rich and cohesive learning community while building strong professional relationships that last through the program and beyond.
Why study in Olympia, Washington?
- Olympia is the state capital, so Evergreen students have immediate access to policy makers, leading thinkers, and applied learning opportunities.
- Evergreen is located in an amazingly beautiful and dynamic place. Our 1000-acre forested campus has a beach on Puget Sound and is close to Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Olympic National Park and the Pacific Ocean. And the eclectic city scenes of Seattle and Portland are just an hour or two away.
You want to serve the public good. Join 27 other AmeriCorps Alums by taking the next step at Evergreen.