AmeriCorps Alums Aims to Double Membership
We launched our Membership Campaign this week as part of our celebration of AmeriCorps’ 20th Anniversary and are thankful to the 45+ state commissions and organizations partnering with us!
This year, we surveyed AmeriCorps alumni across the country and learned that three in four strongly agree they want a career that impacts the world around them. However, only a third felt they had all the tools they needed to continue their education and move from their service experience into their next professional job. AmeriCorps Alums membership is the key to accessing the ideas, networks, and resources alums need to navigate “life after AmeriCorps.”
Our member benefits—which are FREE to all alumni—include:
- Professional development through our monthly webinars, career newsletters, virtual events, and jobs board
- Higher education opportunities including specialized access to university partners
- Discounts on products like car insurance, mortgage assistance, tax returns, and more
- Amplifying the “Voice” of Alums through advocacy, press, and government relations
- Networking and service opportunities with our online network of more than a hundred thousand alums and our ground network with 80 local chapters in 30+ states
A critical part of our 20th anniversary activities is ensuring that all currently serving AmeriCorps members and alumni know how—and why—to join our network. Alums can register with us (for FREE!) today.
If your organization leads in the public service sector thanks to contributions from AmeriCorps, join the Membership Campaign by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide all the resources you need to talk about AmeriCorps Alums membership with your alum in our Membership Campaign Guide for Partner Organizations. With your help, we aim to double membership in AmeriCorps Alums in 2014, so that more Corps members and alums will have what they need to grow as civic leaders, for life.