Brandeis University Announces Game Changer, Offers 50% Tuition Scholarship to Enrolled AmeriCorps Alums!
Heller views AmeriCorps experience as a reliable indicator of high performance, commitment to social justice, leadership and teamwork. These are not just the attributes of successful graduate students, they are attributes of successful leaders. We are proud to partner with AmeriCorps Alums and further our joint commitment to advancing social justice in communities here and around the world.~ Elizabeth Cole, Assistant Director Admissions
To recognize this, the Heller School recently announced a guaranteed minimum 50% tuition scholarship for all AmeriCorps Alums enrolled in either the MPP or MBA in Nonprofit Management programs, a scholarship worth over $21,000 based on 2013 tuition rates.
Ranked in the top ten schools of social policy by US News & World Report, Heller School for Social Policy and Management is a leader in providing financial assistance awarded to AmeriCorps alumni. Whatever cause you are committed to – ending poverty, improving health policy, protecting the environment, spurring community development, resolving conflict or protecting the rights of women, children and minorities — Heller’s unique interdisciplinary approach will prepare you for a fulfilling career finding solutions to society’s most pressing social problems.
All AmeriCorps alumni who are admitted to Heller will receive at minimum a guaranteed $10,000 Service Scholarship plus a match of your Segal Education Award for up to two years of service, with some of our programs offering a guaranteed 50% service scholarship ($21,879 per year at 2013 tuition rates). Additionally, applications fees are waived for all AmeriCorps Alumni. Full details about the Heller School scholarships and links to its programs can be found below
Heller School programs:
- Master of Public Policy: All AmeriCorps alumni enrolled as full-time students will receive a guaranteed 50% scholarship. Additionally, one or more 100% tuition scholarships may be offered to AmeriCorps alumni of exceptional merit.
- MBA in Nonprofit Management: AmeriCorps alumni enrolled as full-time students will receive a guaranteed 50% scholarship. Additionally, one or more 100% tuition scholarships may be offered to AmeriCorps alumni of exceptional merit.
- MA in Coexistence and Conflict: All AmeriCorps alumni enrolled as full-time students will receive a guaranteed 40% scholarship.
- MS in International Health Policy and Management: All AmeriCorps alumni enrolled as full-time students will receive a guaranteed 40% scholarship.
- MA in Sustainable International Development: All AmeriCorps alumni enrolled as full-time students will receive a guaranteed $10,000 scholarship and we will match the AmeriCorps education award (currently $5,350) for each year of AmeriCorps service (up to two years) to AmeriCorps alumni admitted to the SID program.
Visit heller.brandeis.edu to learn more and hear from an AmeriCorps Alum below who attended the Heller school.
The Heller “Forever Family” has made my MBA/MPP experience incredible. The faculty, staff, and students all have this great commitment to improving the world and to building the Heller community. It’s amazing to be surrounded and supported by such a population of highly intelligent, dedicated, and welcoming people.
~Rachael Weiker, MBA/MPP ’13; AmeriCorps Member Habitat for Humanity of Dane County, Madison, WI ’06-07