Friday Service News Round Up
Happy first of the month Alums! March is upon us and as we know, AmeriCorps Week 2013 is right around the corner. AmeriCorps Alums has some pretty big plans for observing the celebration of National Service and we hope that you can join us in your local communities. Click here to learn more.
As well as AmeriCorps Week, March is also observed as American Red Cross Month and International Women’s Month among other holidays and observations. Before we head into the eventful month, we’re recapping some of our recent favorite stories from February:
- What is AmeriCorps Week 2013? [AmeriCorps]
- U.S. Education Department and CNCS Announce New School Turnaround AmeriCorps Program [CNCS]
- Poverty and Student Success [Huffington Post]
- Volunteering a path to employment [PBN]
- Study: Volunteering May Improve Cardiovascular Health [The Atlantic]
- Not Your Parents’ Peace Corps [Huffington Post]
- Join in the first Community HealthCorps National Alumni Day on Saturday, March 16, 2013. [Community HealthCorps]
What were your favorite service stories? Share with us in the comments below!