13 Resolution Ideas for Alums
Happy New Year Alums! It is the second day of 2013 which means – a. We have got to get use to not dating 2012 anymore and b. We have 364 days to continue giving back and continuing on our Lifetime of Service!
Like many others, we use the beginning of the year as a benchmark to start new (or redo) resolutions. Didn’t make any this year? Want to add more to your list? Want to keep serving, but not sure how?
Check out our list of 13 resolution ideas for Alums in 2013:
- Begin 2013 with a Day On for Service – Register to serve on MLK Day
- Get more involved with the AmeriCorps Alums in your city
- Find your next career with employers looking to hire your skillset as an Alum
- Become a better storyteller by sharing your service story and help to be an advocate for national service
- Buy your first home – Learn about the home refinancing and buying process with our partner Quicken Loan
- Start or Update your LinkedIn profile and begin expanding your professional network
- Go on a voluntour road trip with fellow Alums while saving on an insurance policy with GEICO
- Begin a volunteer calendar by finding local ongoing projects with HandsOn Network affiliates
- Start planning events for AmeriCorps Week – March 9-17, 2013
- Join a nonprofit board of directors and lead with your service experience – Learn about the Points of Light and BoardSource Board Member of the Month Award.
- Teach your children about service through resources from GenerationOn
- Start a company volunteer program at your work with these resources from The Points of Light Corporate Institute
- Get back in touch Alums from your service year by planning a reunion while staying and saving with our member benefit from Motel 6
What are other new year’s resolutions do you have for Alums? Share with us in the comments below.