Vote for Your Favorites for the 2012 National Service Impact Awards
Alums are quite the innovative bunch when it comes to service and through the 2012 National Service Impact Awards, the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) is looking to recognize program grantees, strategic partners and service participants that are utilizing the best solutions nationally and locally to solve a variety of the key issue areas highlighted in the Serve America Act.
Some of your fellow Alums have submitted their nominations and are in the running for the prize of being recognized at this year’s National Conference on Volunteering & Service on June 18-20, 2012 in Chicago.
From now until May 15, 2012 at 5pm EDT, you can vote for your favorite project by your fellow Alums and current members here and we’ve got a list of some of their innovative projects:
- Volunteer Maryland: Building the Capacity of Communities
- Eagle Rock School: Engaging Disengaged High School Students
- Lasting Positive Impact Project: Increasing literacy skills for people of all ages
- The Interfaith School Turnaround Pilot Project: an Americorps VISTA Education project
- Goodwill Industries of the Southern Rivers: Economic Stability through GWISR’s AmeriCorps Members
Do you have submission into the National Service Impact Awards? If so, let us know in the comments, so that we can vote for you, too!