What Can You Do With 15% off GEICO Auto Insurance?
Let’s be real – buying car insurance is not something we look forward to. Especially coming right out of your service years you’re looking to save as much as possible in your Life After AmeriCorps. According to Carinsurance.com the national annual average for auto insurance is about $1678, which can leave a pretty big dent in anyone’s bank account.
Well, AmeriCorps Alums is proud to announce our official partnership with GEICO insurance to help you save big on your next quote for auto insurance. By registering as an AmeriCorps Alums, you can call 1-800-368-2734 or visit GEICO.com and mention your AmeriCorps Alums membership to take advantage of the exclusive member benefit. You could save 15% or more on your auto insurance quote!
That got us thinking – with 15% or more saved (roughly $250 annually), what could you do that you couldn’t do before?
Here’s our short list of what you can do with that extra annual savings of $250:
- Thank your volunteers: If you’re an Alum working with volunteers, use some of your extra savings to thank them as part of the last day of National Volunteer Month. Thank you cards, care packages, or even taking them out for quick bite can go a long way in showing your volunteers you appreciate their help.
- Begin growing your own produce: With spring in full effect, it’s never been a better time to start growing your own garden. It’s great for the environment, easy on your wallet, and great for your taste buds as you get fresh vegetables in your backyard. Find our more ways a starting your garden can help your community.
- Take a short voluntourism road trip: Now that you’ve got your insurance covered, gas up your car, grab some friends, and take a short road trip while doing some service at your destination! Not sure how to where to start? Our friends at Navigating For NonProfits can help!
- Download some new music to get you ready to serve: Time to spring clean your playlists and add new music to help you get inspired for service. Buy some new songs to play at your next organized project or chapter event to get folks into the service mood.
- Host a Bake Sale: $250 can help you get a start at leading a Great American Bake Sale to help end childhood hunger. Build a team, find a location, and start planning your local bake sale in your community!
- Spend a week volunteering abroad: Traveling abroad is a fun way to leave a positive mark while engaging in service learning with the local community. Some programs start as low as $250 for one week of international volunteering!
What can your savings with GEICO help you do?