29 Things to Do On An Extra Day of Service
Leap year happens once every four years, which means there’s a whole 24 extra hours for you to do the things you’ve wanted to do during your Lifetime of Service!
Got that to-do list from 2009 that you never got a chance to finish? Wish you had more time to commit to service? Drawing a blank on what you can do first? No worries! We got the ideas for you.
Take advantage of February 29th by doing these 29 AmeriCorps Alums-related things while you have the extra time!
- Apply for the Eli Segal Entrepreneurship Award (Today’s the last day!)
- Register as an AmeriCorps Alum
- Join your local Alums chapter
- Write a Blog Post
- Register or Join an AmeriCorps Week Events
- Take a photo for AmeriCorps Works Here
- Join the AmeriCorps Week Career Panel Webinar
- File your taxes for free
- Become a Chapter Leader
- Upload your Resume to the Career Center
- Volunteer… duh!
- Sign Up for Early Bird Alums Registration for NCVS
- Pick up some great Alums gear to show your service pride!
- Catch up on all the Linsanity
- Read a book (or two)!
- If you’re in DC, join us for a Happy Hour for Good!
- Develop your leadership
- Predict Nicki Minaj’s next wig color
- Update your LinkedIn Profile
- Join Alums LinkedIn Group
- Listen to our February Professional Development Webinar with Paul Schmitz
- Nominate a youth for the Hasbro Community Action Hero Award
- Celebrate through Service for Black History Month
- Get your Right Leg trending like Angelina Jolie
- Go on a date!
- Read up on the Life After AmeriCorps Times
- Submit your BIG Idea for Scholastic’s Be Big Contest
- Reflect on your AMAZING AmeriCorps Service