Grassroots Campaign wants to hire YOU!
It’s an exciting time here at the national AmeriCorps Alums office, as we’ve rolled out with our brand new, monthly Careers Newsletter. Starting yesterday and every second Tuesday of the month, we’ll be sending out the Careers Newsletter that provides free resources, webinars , and professional tools that will position you for a career after your term of service. In each issue, we’ll be spotlighting a feature company that matches the skillsets and interests of Alums.
In addition, they are looking to HIRE Alums because of the experiences you have gained during your years of service!
This month, we are featuring Grassroots Campaign, Inc, a progressive political consulting firm that specializes in running face-to-face citizen mobilization campaigns for political parties, candidates, and advocacy groups. Having run campaigns on behalf of groups like the MoveOn.org, the American Civil Liberties Union, and Amnesty International, they focus on building up clients’ membership and volunteer bases while running field campaigns for candidates and other organizations to win progressive victories on the local, state, and national level and mobilize citizens to be more actively involved and engaged in politics.
The people at GCI are seasoned organizing and fundraising professionals with a commitment to positive reforms. Their staff has over 150 years of professional experience.
Here are just a few of the many great things that GCI has been involved with:
- Designed and implemented electoral, initiative, legislative, corporate, small donor fundraising, and petition gathering campaigns;
- Put together organization membership drives and raised over $500 million;
- Ran conferences of a couple hundred to a couple thousand college students;
- Trained thousands of professional organizers and campaign staff;
- Worked with scores of different groups on the national, regional, state, Congressional, local, and campus levels;
- Recruited and trained hundreds of thousands of volunteers;
- Helped launch or run over a dozen different organizations;
- Sat on the boards of directors for many groups and campaign steering committees.