Evergreen Has What AmeriCorps Alumni Want In a Graduate School
This sponsored article originally appeared in our September Career Newsletter on September 11, 2012.
27 currently enrolled AmeriCorps alumni agree that you won’t find anyplace else quite like The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington. At Evergreen, graduate programs focus on learning, not grades; collaboration, not competition; interdisciplinary perspectives, not silos; teaching and learning relationships, not regurgitation; and real world practices, not just theories.
So… What’s The Evergreen Difference?
- AmeriCorps alumni are eligible for scholarships that equal up to one quarter of resident tuition per year
- The graduate application fee is waived for all AmeriCorps alumni
- Located in the state capital, Evergreen gives students immediate access to policy makers, leading thinkers, and applied learning opportunities
- Collaborative, interdisciplinary team-taught programs and courses, with evaluations instead of grades
- Graduate programs are grounded in values of service, community, social justice and stewardship.
- Evergreen faculty put you first, sharing experiences from their fields and fostering your internships
- Evergreen’s small classes and cohort model provide a rich and cohesive learning community while building strong professional relationships that last through the program and beyond
Evergreen offers a different path to a career in public service with three distinct degrees:
The Evergreen State College is also located in an amazingly beautiful and dynamic place. Evergreen’s 1000-acre forested campus has a beach on Puget Sound and is close to Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Olympic National Park and the Pacific Ocean. And the eclectic city scenes of Seattle and Portland are just an hour or two away.
You want to serve the public good. Take the next step here. Learn more at www.evergreen.edu/americorps.
To learn more, please read our September Career Newsletter here.